28 December 2014

About waiting


I'm waiting in the airport for you.
I went and ate oysters and listened to people read poetry behind a bar and I sat next to the train tracks in the gentle rain and almost said nothing.
I laid down on the chaise lounges in the departures area.
There's jazzy Christmas music playing still.
I feel really excited to see you but I feel empty.
The emptiness I feel is so unrelated to you.
All of the bathrooms have been closed for cleaning for 45 minutes.
I don't know if we will have enough quarters to pay for parking
I liked a lot of heard words today.
I liked the rain near the tracks.
I don't like driving in the rain.
I don't think I will talk to you for at least two more years, if ever.
I don't care if it's a few years or if it's never.
There are only cops here, and me.
I think sometimes we rehearse things and they evaporate when we're faced with the opportunity to go there.
 I guess
  Don't feel sorry for us anymore