05 August 2012

for me



I was drunk last night-

 this one’s for me. do you ever think about it?
do you ever think about it?
do you ever think about it?
Sometimes I think I know everything,
sometimes it’s later at night, during the time a moon normally shows,
especially when on nights before so strong a moon shone,
and sometimes, too, it’s distracting when everyone else can say it earlier than I, and
who cares? the smell is there, and I have the olfactory moments in me thick & true,
and by the by telling you that I am here in the woods, with a laptop
which somehow seems perfect
because I am no earth mother
I am a Typist
and the delete key, the letters lit up, are the tools that keep em going
when I could just sleepingbag out right now on a T on a lake, waves lapping
lapping lapping sloshing, all night long

Instead, I am here, soberest, knowing. You know, I know.
But sober enough to know that you don’t really know.
I see better with my eyes closed,
with my head sort of
with my heart an open hand. if that would near it, what I try to say
OH
and fail to say.

Sorry if you don’t, because I always will. & so glad you don’t, so I’ll never have to.

My dog has these
these
these
these words are so unimportant to her!

o nevermind, the world won’t end before I remember what I was going to say.