28 November 2013

acetaminophen

there are so many other words I'd have used
let's get real
it's still thanksgiving
you know thanksgiving, the whole day you're thinking how you want to break up with your boyfriend. do you ever look at yourself
and not out of self depreciation, or self pity
you look and you think, now honestly
let's be real
how do you like me? what have I for you? and there truly is something, then, isn't there. isn't that something. so driving around new orleans on a cold day, and tearing up with headcold, and disgust and fear and hate for someone to love, and the streets are bare and cold. I like that everyone seems to have a place. too many places for us. it took hours to finish the cranberries, the green bean casserole. aunt sue always calls them greenie beanies, which I'd forgotten all day. 

I'm going to wake up tomorrow    a  new   woman   I think

I can be so mean, I can be so very ugly
  you're right about that